interesting stuff

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

1st Pie that I have made in Chicago



I just finished making a strawberry-rhubarb pie. I don't like strawberry-rhubarb pies, but I like rhubarb pies. I didn't have enough rhubarb though, so I used a cup of strawberries.

Want the recipe?
Crust: I used Grandma's secret pie crust recipe 2 cups of flour, then half this, and half that, and a pinch of this; mix, then divide in two; then roll'em out and put in a pie pan with filling in between them (substitute any pie crust recipe here (or frozen crust :X )).

For the filling : 3 cups rhubarb 1 cup strawberries 1 cup sugar (more or less) 5 tblsp flour. toss together.

Bake 10 min at 450 and 45 min at 350 or so, depending on your oven. The one here is junk, so i ended up baking for like 1 1/2 hour.

The best part is that I baked it in a pan that my lunch came in; it was from la Pinata in Kalamazoo!

yum.

No comments: